"I was no Oasis, But surely I was a mirage. I was never here in the first place"

Monday, July 6, 2015

Serenity

I miss the sound of the ocean, The sound of the waves slowly put me to sleep. But my sandcastles get washed away, It slowly fades away. I miss the sound of the rain. The pitter-patter on my rooftop is a delight, It is serene. I miss the sound of the wind, Under a tree I rest my head, watching the clouds above, As the trees sway the birds hang on the branches and happily chirp. Nowadays I only hear the ticking of the clock, My out of tuned piano breaks the silence. With a cup of coffee in my hand, I try hard to not shiver from the cold. It has been cold nowadays, I do like the snow. And how they fall onto my skin, Rabbits burrow. I do like every season. But no matter how much the season changes, I feel the same. Nowadays I have a smoke always in my hand or my mouth, Slowly fading away with no sound. Like the ashes of my cigarette. The wind is slowly taking me away. Far away in a distant land, with no sound. But only serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment